9 – 15th October is Curry and Chocolate week!

This week is Curry week and Chocolate week! Sounds perfect for most people and we hope you enjoy – but remember onions and chocolate are poisonous to dogs so keep out of reach!

Onions and similar foods such as garlic, leeks and chives are poisonous to dogs; they contain a compound which attacks the red bloods cells. If ingested they can cause anaemia, internal organ damage including liver failure, lethargy and in some cases can be fatal.

Chocolate is also poisonous to dogs as it contains theobromine. This sweet treat can lead to illness and even death; if ingested it can cause vomiting, diarrhoea, lethargy and poisoning. The darker the chocolate, the more toxic as the more of this compound it contains.

If you suspect your dog has eaten any amount of chocolate or onion etc., it is advised that you take them, along with the packaging to your local vets. Some dogs may tolerate more than others, however it is never worth the risk. For small amounts monitor carefully and be prepared to go to the vets should you notice anything serious developing.


Enjoy this week and treat your pooch with dog-friendly alternatives such as carrot or even better, our Natural Dog Food Treats. Remember to keep everything out of reach and if in doubt seek veterinary assistance.
    Your basket
    Your basket is emptyReturn to shop